The IATI standard consists of a number of schema, the main ones being Organisation and Activity, supplemented by the Registry Record which provides a common format for the reporting of metadata to the IATI Registry.
The full suite of the current IATI XML schemas, consists of the following components:
- iati-activities-schema.xsd - XML Schema for describing aid activities (e.g. projects).
- iati-organisations-schema.xsd - XML schema for describing aid organisations and their budgets.
- iati-registry-record-schema.xsd - An application-specific extension schema for importing documents into the IATI registry
- iati-common.xsd - A supplementary schema with common IATI markup. Must be in the same directory as the above.
- xml.xsd - A supplementary schema that must be in the same directory as the above.
- changes.txt - A comprehensive change log.
An overview table of the Activity Schema is also available.
Last updated on 16 December 2012.