The document-link element is for information about core documents that an organisation publishes that pertain to its overall strategy and/or operations.
PLEASE NOTE: The @language attribute is marked for change in version 1.02. The examples shown below will work in the new version but create schema validation errors in versions 1.01 and 1.0
|url||The web address at which the document can be downloaded.||M.|
|format||The file format in which the document has been published. This is the Internet Media Type (“MIME type”) of the document, as defined and maintained by the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority.||R|
|document-language||The language of the document. Only required if different from the organisation’s default language|
|category-code||The code/s for the type of content contained within the document.||R|
|category-description-language||The language of the category description.|
|category-description||The description of the category.|
|document-title-language||The language/s of the document title.|
|document-title||The title of the document. (Can be repeated for different languages.)||M|
A typical entry, in full …
.. en Strategy Paper ..
… and stripped to essentials.
|format||File Format Code||document-link/@format||0..1||R|
|category-code||Document Category Code||document-link/category/@code||1..1||R|
|M – Mandatory; R- Recommended; O – Optional; C – Conditional|
Usage & Compliance
The document-link element is optional. It can be repeated any number of times.
If the element is present:
- The url is mandatory.
- The url must resolve to a valid internet address.
- The format is not mandatory, but recommended for full compliance.
- If present the format must be a valid code from the codelist.
- The document-language element is mandatory if the default-language in the Record Header is omitted or the language of the document is different from the default-language.
- If present the document-language must be a valid code from the codelist.
- The category element is not mandatory but is recommended for full compliance.
- If the category element is present, the category-code is mandatory.
- If present, the category-code must be a valid code from the codelist.
- The category-description is optional.
- If the category-description is present, the category-description-language is mandatory if the default-language in the Record Header is omitted or the language of the description is different from the default-language.
- The title is mandatory.
- The title element can be repeated if the document has titles in multiple languages.
- The title-language is mandatory if the default-language in the Record Header is omitted or the language of the title is different from the default-language.
Last updated on January 29, 2015.