UNDP is hiring for a: Project Specialist, Partner Country Support and Data Use, to join IATI's Secretariat.
- Location: New York, United States
- Posting Date: 28/10/2021
- Apply Before: 11/11/2021 (deadline updated)
- Education & Work Experience: Master's Degree - 5 year(s) experience OR Bachelor's Degree - 7 year(s) experience
- Required Languages: English
- Apply: online
UNDP is seeking to recruit a Project Specialist to focus on two key related areas of its mandate, specifically providing guidance and support to stakeholders in partner countries wishing to access and use IATI data; and advancing IATI’s work in promoting data use generally.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Specialist, Partner Country Support and Data Use, is expected to lead partner country support and data use activities and contribute expertise to data quality activities and overall data management processes, including the development of IATI’s data access tools, in close collaboration with others across the IATI Secretariat. Duties include the following:
Leads IATI’s partner country support (40%)
- Provides policy and programme advice to national governments seeking to strengthen processes and systems for collection, analysis, and use of information on external development finance, particularly on how IATI data can be used to supplement information available at the country level for planning, coordination, budgeting, etc.
- Supports partner country stakeholders to access, understand, and use IATI data, including through development of training materials and data analysis, and ensures learning from this work informs other work of the Secretariat (e.g. data access / use tools, data quality, etc.).
- Works with providers of aid information management systems and partner countries towards achieving successful IATI integration for existing and new Aid Information Management System (AIMS).
- Leads, in coordination with the Outreach, Partnerships and Engagement Specialist, outreach activities with partner country governments, including coordinating any regional meetings, etc.
- Supports consultations, including through thematic or regional workshops, and using IATI Connect, to increase partner country engagement with IATI and working toward ensuring that the primary needs of partner countries are reflected in the IATI Standard and technical estate.
- Provides technical and policy advice to countries seeking to establish or strengthen an Aid Information Management System (AIMS), including through integration with IATI, and supports national governments in their negotiations with AIMS providers.
Oversees IATI’s data use activities (25%)
- Coordinates data use work across the Secretariat, in collaboration with IATI’s data use community, to ensure a cohesive strategic approach towards achieving IATI’s data use objectives.
- Supports the wider Secretariat to respond to help desk queries on data use, and coordinates support provided to users to access, analyze, and use IATI data.
- Oversees data use work of IATI Project Management and Data Use Analyst.
- Coordinates support from the Secretariat to IATI’s Data Use Working Group.
- Manages implementation and support to users for the IATI Country Development Finance Data tool.
- Spearheads Secretariat support to the IATI Data Use Community of Practice and sub-groups.
Contributes to data management, to include data quality and data access tools (20%)
- Feeds into and supports activities in the data quality workstream, as UNDP focal point for data quality.
- Leverages expertise and research (existing and ongoing) on data use, data needs, and barriers to data use, to ensure data user needs inform development of and improvements to data access tools, along with IATI’s broader technical infrastructure.
Contributes to the activities of the IATI Secretariat (15%)
- Contributes to day to day activities of the IATI Secretariat, attending regular coordination meetings, supporting delivery of the overall workplan and providing timely input to management and project documentation, as needed.
- Monitors and reports on all portfolio activities through established channels.
For more information and to apply visit: https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/1396