Benefits of using IATI Publisher
IATI Publisher will enable organisations to publish their data on development and humanitarian activities according to the XML format required by the IATI Standard. The new tool is designed to be simple and intuitive, making publishing easier for organisations and bringing a range of benefits for users.
- Is free to use;
- Provides clear explanations of data fields in the IATI Standard together with links to useful guidance;
- Enables data to be provided either by completing online forms or via CSV file using the tool’s Bulk Upload feature;
- Runs automatic checks (via the IATI Validator) for errors before publishing data.
Who is IATI Publisher for?
IATI Publisher has been built to support small or medium sized organisations (or those with only a limited number of activities) to publish data on their development and humanitarian activities. An ‘activity’ is an individual project or other unit of development and humanitarian work, as determined by the organisation that is publishing the data.
Large organisations, such as donor governments or UN agencies delivering 100+ activities, are advised not to use IATI Publisher. Alternative technical solutions are recommended for the publication of large volumes of data. Please email the IATI Helpdesk for more information: [email protected]
Publishing IATI data for the first time?
We encourage organisations new to IATI to start using IATI Publisher now. The process of publishing IATI data can be complex. and IATI Publisher will guide your organisation through all the steps necessary to publish your first set of data. The tool also provides a helpful Publishing Checklist page.
Already publishing IATI data?
If you have previously published IATI data using another tool:
- You can start using IATI Publisher now to publish data on your organisation’s new development and humanitarian activities.
- If you currently use the publishing tool AidStream and want to migrate your existing data over to IATI Publisher, the Technical Team will work with Aidstream’s provider, Young Innovations, on the options to do so. Please email [email protected] to make a request to migrate your data from Aidstream to IATI Publisher.
- If you are currently using another publishing tool (other than AidStream) and want to migrate your data over to IATI Publisher, please contact the IATI Helpdesk: [email protected] IATI’s Technical Team will reach out to the publishing tool provider to discuss the possibility of migration.