Anyone interested in presenting IATI to their colleagues or networks can request custom presentation materials from the IATI Secretariat.
IATI can provide your organisation with presentation materials about the initiative, including detailed information on the IATI Standard and the process of publishing and using IATI data. Presentation resources are available in English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese.
How can I receive custom presentation materials?
Anyone interested in presenting IATI to their colleagues or networks can request custom presentation materials from the IATI Secretariat. Examples of possible audiences include recipient country governments, country-level offices of development partners, journalists, civil society organisations and researchers.
What topics can I request information on?
Materials are currently available to address the following topic areas, however, additional content areas can be covered upon request.
1 Introduction to IATI
- For audiences new to IATI, discover which organisations publish data, what data is published (simple overview) and two case studies on using IATI data.
2 How to publish IATI data
- Learn more about the wide range of development and humanitarian data that your organisation can publish using the IATI Standard.
- Find an overview of the IATI publishing process and understand the mandatory and recommended data to publish.
- Discover what tools your organisation can use to publish its data.
3 Accessing and using IATI data
- Find out how to do basic searches of IATI data on d-portal.org.
- For data specialists and technical experts, learn about accessing a wider range of IATI data using the Datastore Query Builder and API.
- Find information on other portals that provide IATI data, for example those created by donors and other organisations.
4 Understanding the IATI Standard
- Get a detailed overview of the range of data and fields included in the IATI Standard.
5 How is IATI managed? Governance and the IATI story so far
- Learn more about how IATI is governed and managed.
- Find information on IATI's role and contribution as part of the aid effectiveness and transparency agendas since 2008.
- Learn how to engage further with IATI and its community.
How do I make a formal request for presentation materials?
Please e-mail [email protected], with the following information:
- Your name, organisation and title
- Date and intended length of your presentation
- Audience for your presentation and level of technical expertise
- Key outcomes expected from your presentation (e.g. I’m looking for a basic presentation - ‘What is IATI?’; or I need an ‘Introduction to the IATI Standard and data use tools’, etc.)
- Anything else we should know!
You will receive a customised PowerPoint presentation and notes based on the information provided above. Please note that normal turnaround time for custom presentation requests is seven business days, during which time the Secretariat Outreach team will be in touch to understand more about your specific needs and we will work with you to customise your presentation accordingly. When acknowledging your email request, the IATI Secretariat will also provide a timeline for receipt of your presentation.
The Secretariat is happy to customise a presentation according to your needs.
Can I request presentation materials on topics other than those identified above?
The Secretariat is happy to customise a presentation according to your needs. Please feel free to request information on other areas of interest when sending your formal presentation request to [email protected].
Does the IATI Secretariat provide virtual or in-person presentations?
Yes! Pending availability, virtual or in-person presentations by the Secretariat are also possible. Please e-mail [email protected] for more information.