The IATI Organisation Standard
The organisational standard is designed for reporting the total future budgets of organisations and forward planning budget data for recipient institutions and countries.
The organisation standard is used to describe one or more organisations (such as donors, foundations, agencies, or NGOs) involved in the aid delivery chain. It is designed to report forward-looking aggregate budget information for the reported organisation’s, and planned future budgets to recipient institutions or countries.
The organisation standard consists of some 20 fields. Each of these have various attributes. It is expected that every organisation publishing IATI data should include one organisation file, which is updated at least annually.
What information is inside an IATI organisation file?
The organisation standard helps organisations answer the following questions:
- What is the organisation’s name and identifier?
- What are the organisation’s planned future annual total budgets?
- What are the organisation’s planned future budgets for aid given to recipient countries?
- What are the organisation’s planned future budgets for aid given to recipient organisations?
- Where are the organisation’s official public documents?