Version 2.01 is an older version of the IATI Standard. It was released in January 2015 and was the first major upgrade of the Standard. Notable updates include:
- elements must now be reported in a specific order
- more elements were made mandatory
- the Standard now allows for multilingual reporting
A full list of the changes can be found here.
The IATI Standard is made up of various schemas and rulesets which are presented as pages to the user. Use the left hand navigation to move your way round the IATI Standard.
The activity standard pages contain the elements, attributes and rules for understanding what data goes in an IATI Activity file.
- The activity summary table provides an overview of all aspects of the activity standard.
The organisation standard pages contain the elements, attributes and rules for understanding what data goes in an IATI Organisation file.
- The organisation summary table provides an overview of all aspects of the activity standard.
Some attributes in IATI require publishers to use a code from a particular list e.g. a budget can be of type 1: Original or 2: Revised. Use these codelists to look up the meaning of a code.
The ruleset pages detail the list of rules contained within the IATI Standard written in JSON format.
The schema pages contain the xsd activity, organisation and common schemas.
Namespaces & Extensions
Guidance on how to add additional information into published xml files via custom made elements and attributes.