The IATI standard consists of a number of schema, the main ones being Organisation and Activity.
The current suite IATI XML schemas consists of the following components:
- iati-organisations-schema.xsd - XML schema for describing an organisation involved in any stage development cooperation (funding, implementing etc.).
- iati-activities-schema.xsd - XML Schema for describing the details of individual development cooperation activities/projects.
In addition to the Organisation and Activity. core terms are described in the following:
- iati-common.xsd - A supplementary schema with common IATI markup. Must be in the same directory as the Organisation and Activity schema.
- xml.xsd - A supplementary schema that must be in the same directory as the Organisation and Activity schema.
The Registry Record provides a common format for the reporting of metadata to the IATI Registry.
Please note: Usage of this schema is not mandatory.
- iati-registry-record-schema.xsd - An application-specific extension schema for importing documents into the IATI registry
Updates to IATI Schema
The IATI standard is a living entity that requires improvement over time.
A CHANGES.txt - provides a comprehensive change log.
Previous versions of the IATI Schema are available: