Why join IATI?
Join IATI to help govern and fund our initiative.
IATI data has already been made available from over 1000 organisations on more than one million development and humanitarian activities. Become a member and support our continued efforts to ensure good quality data is published to IATI and used to achieve sustainable development.
There are many benefits to your government or organisation by joining IATI. As a member, you will be able to:
- Show your commitment to transparency to key stakeholders such as funders, taxpayers, civil society organisations, politicians and the wider international development and humanitarian communities.
- Learn from and share best practice with a growing membership of nearly 100 donor and developing country governments, multilateral institutions, philanthropic foundations, civil society and private sector organisations.
- Get priority support from the IATI technical team on publishing your IATI data.
- Have the final say on changes to the IATI Standard, ensuring its rules and guidance meet your data needs.
- Attend IATI member events across the globe, including our annual members’ assembly meeting.
- Agree IATI’s work priorities, including approving the annual workplan, budget and membership contribution.
- Decide how IATI is governed and run. Only members are eligible to vote or stand in the elections for IATI’s governing board.
- Receive updates on members’ news, stories and events in a monthly bulletin from IATI’s Chair.
Fund essential work
IATI members entirely fund our work. By joining, you are helping to ensure IATI can continue implementing our vital work including:
- A dedicated Data Use Fund to help governments, development and humanitarian organisations and citizens use IATI data for decision-making and accountability.
- A help desk to respond to hundreds of requests each month for support to publish and access the data.
- Improvements to the IATI Standard to ensure its rules and guidance meet the changing data needs of the development and humanitarian sector.
- Maintenance of IATI’s technical systems, including 16 digital tools that are critical to the publication and use of the data.
- Communications and engagement activities to spread awareness and secure political commitments to transparency amongst governments and major international bodies.
How much does it cost?
IATI members set the fees of joining the initiative. The cost of membership depends on the type and size of your organisation.
|Provider of development cooperation||$ 85,000|
|Civil society organisation or other organisation with annual expenditure exceeding $10m||$2,200|
|Civil society organisation or other organisation with annual expenditure below $10m||$1,100|
The fees for UN organisations can be found in the IATI Standard Operating Procedures.
How to join
Governments and organisations who are interested in becoming a member can request an invitation. If you would like an invitation, or if you would just like to find out more about membership, please contact the IATI secretariat at email@example.com.