This announcement is posted on behalf of the IATI Governing Board and deals with the important work underway regarding the review of IATI’s institutional arrangements.
As you know, PoweredbyData was hired to develop recommendations for members on the long-term institutional arrangements for IATI from September 2018, when current hosting arrangements come to an end. I am pleased to share with you their final report, which has been posted on IATI’s website and will be presented at the Members’ Assembly.
Download PoweredbyData’s final report in English and French now.
The report is an important contribution to the future governance of IATI, and on behalf of the Board I would like to thank all the people – members of IATI, of the TAG, of the Secretariat – who have taken time to talk with the consultants and provide input to their work.
The Board divided the recommendations in two categories for further consideration:
- Recommendations that can be implemented while the current hosting arrangement is still in place: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 and 12.
- Recommendations that are closely linked to the hosting review and should be considered alongside the options for the review: 4, 7, 9-11, 13 and 14
In coming weeks, the Board would like to organize open consultations with members in order to inform its recommendations, with a particular focus on the second category.. We are especially interested in members’ views of the options in recommendation 13 concerning the hosting arrangement, as this is central to the overall long-term institutional arrangements.
There will be various ways for members to share their views with the Board for instance:
- Participate in webinars that will take place in early September with support from the Secretariat (details to be provided shortly);
- Engage in conversations on Discuss (the forum section of IATI’s website);
- Participate in constituency calls or meetings;
- Provide written comments to a Board member.
I encourage you to contact me if you have any questions or suggestions.
Chair, IATI Governing Board