Want to join a team dedicated to transforming the impact of billions of dollars of development and humanitarian resources? IATI Secretariat member, Development Initiatives (DI) is recruiting a Software Developer to join the IATI Technical Team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented developer to join our small team of developers that build new, and improve existing, open source software, working closely with the larger IATI Technical Team.
IATI Software Developer
- Contract: Full time, permanent
- Location: DI’s UK office at First Floor Centre, the Quorum, Bond Street South, Bristol BS1 3AE UK; remote working in the UK also available
- Salary scale: £40,000–£45,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Frameworks and libraries: Angular, Node.js, Express
- How to apply: Please read Development Initiative’s full recruitment pack and apply with your CV and cover letter via Development Initiative's online application system. See full information on Development Initiative’s vacancies page.
Early applications are highly encouraged; we will be reviewing submissions as they arrive and interviews will be held periodically. As we are recruiting on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to end recruitment without notice.
About the role
The successful candidate can expect lots of interesting conceptual and technical challenges. Duties include:
- Improving the quality of software through incremental refactoring, automation and continuous deployments
- Improving understanding of IATI data through the products we maintain and support
- Working with technical experts from governments, foundations, NGOs and partner country agencies to improve the range of tools and data available to end users
- Tracking, analysing, fixing and reporting software bugs and issues
We are looking for someone who has an excellent understanding and significant professional experience of software design principles and is able to write code that scales and is well tested.