Want to join a team dedicated to transforming the impact of billions of dollars of development and humanitarian resources? IATI Secretariat member, Development Initiatives (DI) is recruiting for a Full Stack Developer and a Business & Data Analyst to join the IATI Technical Team.
IATI Business & Data Analyst
- Full time, permanent
- Location: based at DI’s Bristol office at North Quay House, Quay House, Temple Back, Bristol, BS1 6FL
- Salary scale: £25,000 – £30,000 per annum, depending on experience and skill level
- Closing date: 6 September 2020
- First interviews: From September 2020
- Start date: As soon as possible, depending on notice period
- How to apply: Please read Development Initiative’s full recruitment pack and apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
The successful candidate will play a key role working with IATI’s Technical Team to support other organisations to publish their data and work with a range of organisations that already publish to the IATI Standard to improve their data quality and usefulness.
- Answer publisher and data user support requests via the IATI Helpdesk
- Provide analysis and support to stakeholders to help them publish data to the IATI standard
- Develop and improve guidance and training materials for publishers and data users
We are looking for someone who has at least two years’ practical experience working in a technical support role. This could include business and data analysis, data manipulation and/ or product support. The successful candidate must be educated to degree level (or equivalent) and have a keen interest in working in international development, specifically around open data.
Having a keen interest in and experience of working with code or programming languages, and an understanding of and experience using XML would also be an advantage to your application.
If you would like to contribute to increasing the impact of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty, we would love to hear from you. Please download and read the full recruitment pack from Development Initiatives’, and apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
IATI Full Stack Developer
Job type: Full-time
Salary scale: £30,000 – £40,000 per annum, depending on experience
Location: DI’s UK office at North Quay House, Quay Side, Temple Back, Bristol, BS1 6FL; remote working also available.
Frameworks and libraries: Django, SQLAlchemy, Pytest, Node.js, Express, Mongoose, Angular
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity available for a talented, tech-savvy developer to join our small team of developers that build new, and improve existing, open source software, working closely with the larger IATI Technical Team. The successful candidate can expect lots of interesting conceptual and technical challenges – for example how to efficiently run statistics on the millions of data points that make up IATI data, many of which are updated and hosted individually by our publishers. There will be an opportunity for you to lead projects as part of a multi-skilled team.
- Improving the quality of software through incremental refactoring, automation and continuous deployments
- Working with technical experts from governments, foundations, NGOs and partner country agencies to improve the range of tools and data available to end users
- Tracking, analysing, fixing and reporting software bugs and issues
This role is based at DI’s UK office in Bristol. However, remote working is also available.
If you would like to contribute to increasing the impact of a dynamic organisation committed to ending poverty, we would love to hear from you.
Please download and read the full recruitment pack from Development Initiatives’, and apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Early applications are highly encouraged; we will be reviewing submissions as they arrive and interviews will be held periodically. As we are recruiting on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to end recruitment without notice.