Join IATI at the World Humanitarian Summit
IATI will be co-hosting a side-event at next week’s World Humanitarian Summit in Istanbul on transparency in the humanitarian financing system.
The event will take place on Monday 23 May, between 11:00 and 12:30 at Rumeli Hall 7, Lütfi Kırdar Convention and Exhibition Center and is co-hosted by Development Gateway, Development Initiatives, UN-OCHA, Publish What You Fund, Transparency International and UNICEF.
The event, entitled ‘Transparent financing and integrity measures for effective and accountable humanitarian action’, will be chaired by Judith Randel, Strategic Advisor at Development Initiatives.
Our panelists include:
- Sima Sami Bahous, ASG/Assistant Administrator and Director of the Regional Bureau for Arab States, UNDP
- Jelte van Wieren, Director for Humanitarian Aid, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands
- Dr Abdulfatah Mohamed, Advisor, Qatar Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Anne-Birgitte Albrectsen, CEO, Plan International
- Bibhusan Bista, CEO, Young Innovations, Nepal
- Dina Abdel-Fattah, Senior Associate, Development Gateway
- Samuel Kimeu, Executive Director, Transparency International Kenya
In the session we will look at how the humanitarian community can achieve increased financial transparency, and how this could improve operational effectiveness, accountability and integrity.
Download our flyer for more details.