Codelists, schema & rulesets¶
Within the IATI Standard there are a set of values, rules and constraints that should be considered by all publishers. These are:
- Codelists - lists of values or codes permitted for certain IATI fields.
- Schema - these describe the names of elements, structure of formats and other conditions.
- Rulesets - additional logics and constraints, not evident in the schema
- Codelists are managed to deal with additions, amendments, bugs, and deletions.
- IATI has a number of schemas for organisation, activity and common fields
- Reference to the relevant schema and codelists can be found in each Element page in both the organisation and activity standards
- The Standard Ruleset represents rules around date ordering and iati-identifier formatting