When publishing IATI data, organisations should consider how to achieve the following:
- Indicative - IATI data should include indicative forward-looking budgets.
When providing forward-looking IATI data, publishers should also consider:
- Money and other resources committed in forward-looking budgets is not legally binding
- Forward-looking data reflects planned or projected values of projects in the future.
- Planned budgets for countries, activities or the organisation as a whole are some of the most common forward-looking elements used in IATI.
- Results data can also include forward-looking targets.
It’s useful to access forward-looking IATI data because:
- When IATI data is forward-looking, it can be particularly valuable for partner country governments who can use this information to budget and plan more effectively.
Last updated on 2015-02-24