The IATI activity standard enables the publishing of information on measurable results from an iati-activity, through use of the result element via:
- result - a container for reporting outputs, outcomes, impacts and other results that stem directly from the iati-activity.
When using the IATI activity standard to declare result, the following should be considered:
- Any iati-activity can have either one or multiple result.
- A result should have a title and a description to clarify the information being detailed.
- Every result should include an indicator, which in turn details a period of time, and then a target and actual measure.
- An indicator can have a title and a description to clarify the information being detailed.
- An indicator can be repeated within any result dataset.
- It is also recommended to include a baseline measure for each result recorded.
- Any target, actual and baseline can have attached a comment to provide additional narrative or information.
- The free-text instances of title, description and comment can be repeated for multiple languages, using @xml:lang.
- The free-text instances of title, description and comment should avoid use of text in CAPITALS, where possible.
In version 2.01, the following must also be considered:
- Any freetext title, description or comment must be included in the child narrative element, which can be repeated for different languages.