Type of Organisations¶
Within the IATI organisation standard three types of organisations can be declared:
- reporting-org - the organisation publishing the data within the organisation file.
- iati-organisation - the organisation that the data is about
- recipient-org - the organisation in receipt of budgets specified in recipient-org-budget
When using the IATI organisation standard to declare organisations, the following should be considered:
- In many cases, an organisation file will contain information from the perspective of a single iati-organisation. Most commonly, this will be the same as the reporting-org
- Multiple iati-organisation can be described in a single organisation file.
- reporting-org and iati-organisation should include reference to their associated unique iati-identifier
- For reporting-org, inclusion of the OrganisationType code is recommended.
- An iati-organisation should include a name element - free text title of the organisation
- Single or multiple recipient-org entries can be recorded.
- For each recipient-org multiple forward looking recipient-org-budget can be recorded.
Please also consider and refer to the Organisation Identifiers guidance when constructing an appropriate identifier.