Within the IATI activity standard organisations can be declared in three ways:
- reporting-org - the organisation publishing the activity file and associated data.
- participating-org - the organisation that has a role within the activity (there can be various roles)
- provider-org / receiver-org - the organisation in providing or receiving a specific transaction
When using the IATI activity standard to declare organisations, the following should be considered:
- In many cases, an activity file will contain information from the perspective of a single organisation. Most commonly, this will be the same as the reporting-org
- It is also expected that this organisation would be cited as a participating-org, along with their associated role(s).
- It is possible for multiple participating-org to be reported within a single activity.
- Multiple participating-org with the same OrganisationRole code are also feasible.
- For reporting-org and participating-org inclusion of the OrganisationType code is recommended.
- In all cases, when describing an organisation, reference to their associated unique identifier should be included.
- Should a provider-org or receiver-org within a transaction be the same as the reporting-org it is not expected that they are declared, but recommended.
Please also consider and refer to the Organisation Identifiers guidance when constructing an appropriate identifier.